Darren Fleming, Managing Principal Cresa Ottowa
“Last week over half our company converged in sunny Miami to discuss, among other things, what is it that makes Cresa such a success? In other words: What is Our DNA?
During several great days of team building and camaraderie, I have to say my personal highlight was a two hour Saturday morning session led by Tom Birnbach and Dan Shapiro of our Washington DC office where we discussed why we all worked at Cresa. In the next two hours something special took place as professionals from across the company explained on an individual basis why they felt as they did about working for Cresa and serving our clients. Words and phrases were flying around, getting written down on poster boards and in the midst of it the following words seemed to coalesce in my mind, compelling me to write them down and to share them:
1. We believe that the current model of commercial real estate brokerage is inherently broken and unfair to tenants.
2. We believe that tenants deserve more (of everything!) than what our industry has traditionally offered.
3. We believe our role as Cresa Advisors is to change the rules and disrupt “typical industry practices” to the benefit of our clients.
4. We believe the best way to do this is to encourage an internal culture that is collaborative, promotes excellence, and whose mission is to serve others before ourselves.
5. We believe we are in a different business from our competitors.
It is my sincerest hope that the words above will serve as a starting point for our team and our clients (past, present and future) to start a discussion that will bring us closer together, drive greater success, and increase all of our personal satisfaction.”